Frag Out! Magazine

Frag Out! Magazine #03

Frag Out! Magazine

Issue link: https://fragout.uberflip.com/i/483661

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 153 of 247

The fact that an enterprise stayed in the Department of Navigation turned out to be beneficial from the point of view of the long-term perspective of its development. In the period of common "post- war poverty" of measures comprised by a central rationing, microscopic in relation to the needs of other potentate associated in this department, company's needs might be satisfied, fundamentally, without significant limitations. Such a situation allowed to create relatively modern measurement and technological base, as well as a relatively easy access to the modern imported parts and sub- assemblies. It enabled manufacturing equipment at the good European level, and at the same time, what was equally important, it strengthened in the employee teams a feeling of self-esteem and reliability in relation to the other European manufacturers. New housing conditions allowing for the enterprise development enabled to extend a range of the services. A network of the field facilities – from Gdańsk to Szczecin. They were licensed service points renowned manufacturers of the maritime electronic equipment such as Marconi, Deca, SAIT and Kelvin Hughes. The gained experience and a contact with goods of the producers of radio equipment of the contemporary world leaders resulted in decisions with far-reaching consequences took in 1954. They determined the future "crown" manufacturing branch of the plant – VHF FM radio communication. The effect of the implemented and consequently realized strategy was appearing of the first radiotelephones of the domestic production: in 1956 the FM-252 radiotelephone, and two years later the FM-302 radiotelephone. Simultaneously they were continued works on the new devices of the maritime electronics. An increase in production and employment dictated by market demands was significantly restricted by existing accommodation conditions. Despite an expansion there was a shortage not only employee spaces, but also production floors. An attractive, from the employees point of view, location in the city center obliged to fulfil specific ecological conditions. A condition of the contemporary technics required using significant amounts of metallic (frames, casings), and technological processes connected with their treatment could not be implemented in the urban conditions. So, one made efforts to receive a new location. The first stage of the investment works ended in November 1965 by bringing into use a hall of the Mechanical Faculty. A removal to this faculty began a systematic dislocation of the plant lasting until spring 1968. At the same time was provided a process of developing and dividing of organizational units and sections which are typical for a production facility. In 1963 the Development office was established, and in 1965 the Experimental Production Branch of Maritime Electronics (Polish: Zakład Doświadczalny Radiokomunikacji). Since 1962 a company affiliated school had functioned which ensured supply of the employees educated in the specific professions. After a few years its graduates were a significant part of the manning. In this period a wave of the centrally controlled economic experiments did not omit a company. www.fragoutmag.com

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of Frag Out! Magazine - Frag Out! Magazine #03